To begin this Mindfulness Exercise on Standing Up for Yourself, please bring kind awareness to
– why you chose this topic
– how your belly, chest, and head each feel when you reflect on this topic
– the emotions that you can associate with these visceral feelings
– the positive or negative impact of any stories you believe in regarding this topic
– the consoling/humbling/inspiring fact that many others are feeling similarly about this topic as you
– how you will feel with increased awareness around this topic
– when you can apply increased mindfulness to this topic in your day-to-day life
There are times in our life when we feel like we need to push back and we sometimes face some consequences based on our actions. When this happens, how will you respond? Standing up for yourself is a great thing to do as this shows how you are being true to yourself.
After answering this worksheet, please watch this motivational video, "It's Up to You." Also read this article, 10 Powerful Ways to Stand Up for Yourself in Any Situation.
Step-by-step guidance for developing mindfulness for your health, relationships, career, meditation and more!
Discover the world's most popular mindfulness meditation scripts that make a positive impact on people's well-being.
Sean Fargo is the Founder of Mindfulness Exercises, a former Buddhist monk of 2 years, a trainer for the mindfulness program born at Google, an Integral Coach from New Ventures West, and an international mindfulness teacher trainer. He can be reached at [email protected]
A Guide To Spirituality Without Religion
Finding the Meaning in My Life
Six Questions For Greater Accomplishment
Small Boat, Great Mountain
Living with Personal Integrity
Aligning With Your Mission
The Art of Generous Learning
You Are Engineered For Purpose
Make Exercise Fun