Are you or someone you know relatively new to mindfulness?
Do you want some of the best practices for learning the basics?
I included some of the best ‘beginner’ mindfulness practices below, separating them between formal meditation and informal integration styles.
Personally, I began my meditation journey with concentration practices (imagining a candle flame in my stomach, counting breaths, and repeating mantras of loving kindness) before segueing into the formal mindfulness practices of sensing into my belly with each breath, body scans, and mindfulness of walking.
I share my personal trajectory to illustrate that there is no right or wrong sequencing of practices. Just try whatever you feel compelled to with the intention of opening to your actual present-moment experience without judging or reacting to it. If you keep doing that, then the sky’s the limit for you!
If you have any questions about how to integrate mindfulness into your daily life, feel free to reply to this email with your questions.
With warmth and appreciation,
To certify to teach mindfulness, check out my Accredited & Personalized Mindfulness Teacher Training Program.
Formal Mindfulness Meditations For Beginners:
- MEDITATION FOR BEGINNERS (video from Sharon Salzberg)
- GUIDED MEDITATION (audio from Jack Kornfield)
- INTEGRATED BODY SCAN (audio from Sean Fargo)
- COMPASSIONATE BODY SCAN (audio from Kristin Neff)
- MINDFUL WALKING (audio from Sharon Salzberg)
- GUIDED MEDITATION ON EMOTIONS (audio from Jack Kornfield)
Informal Mindfulness Integrations For Beginners:
- LISTENING MEDITATION (video from Mark Coleman)
- MINDFULNESS GUIDE & JOURNAL (ebook from Sean Fargo
- BEING IN NATURE WITH ECKHART TOLLE (video from Eckhart Tolle)
- CONTENTMENT (audio from Gil Fronsdal)
- RELAXING THE MIND (audio from Anam Thubten)
- DEVELOPING MEDITATION TECHNIQUES (audio from Ajahn Sumedho)
Get our BEST Mindfulness Exercises!
Free mindfulness worksheets, meditations and ebooks, delivered to your inbox.