To begin this Mindfulness Exercise on the ‘Do Nothing’ Meditation, please bring kind awareness to
– why you chose this topic
– how your belly, chest, and head each feel when you reflect on this topic
– the emotions that you can associate with these visceral feelings
– the positive or negative impact of any stories you believe in regarding this topic
– the consoling/humbling/inspiring fact that many others are feeling similarly about this topic as you
– how you will feel with increased awareness around this topic
– when you can apply increased mindfulness to this topic in your day-to-day life
The Do Nothing meditation is a way of experiencing “contentless awareness.” It has analogies in many traditions. Do it with our free worksheet below.
And don't forget to check these 6 Mindful Breathing Exercises. Since the breath provides the oxygen required for every cell in our body to function optimally, we might consider tuning into it more frequently with care and consideration.
Step-by-step guidance for developing mindfulness for your health, relationships, career, meditation and more!
Discover the world's most popular mindfulness meditation scripts that make a positive impact on people's well-being.
Sean Fargo is the Founder of Mindfulness Exercises, a former Buddhist monk of 2 years, a trainer for the mindfulness program born at Google, an Integral Coach from New Ventures West, and an international mindfulness teacher trainer. He can be reached at [email protected]
Mind Your Steps
Free Meditations Wherever You Go
New Silent Meditations With Bell Sounds
New: Free Meditations For Anxiety
The Power of Mindfulness Retreats
Guided Mindfulness Meditation Scripts
5 Things That Complement My Daily Meditation
5 Steps Towards True Meditation
Chris Sharma: Mindfulness