To begin this Mindfulness Exercise on Assessing vs Judging, please bring kind awareness to
– why you chose this topic
– how your belly, chest, and head each feel when you reflect on this topic
– the emotions that you can associate with these visceral feelings
– the positive or negative impact of any stories you believe in regarding this topic
– the consoling/humbling/inspiring fact that many others are feeling similarly about this topic as you
– how you will feel with increased awareness around this topic
– when you can apply increased mindfulness to this topic in your day-to-day life
In real life, assessing vs judging is also how the dictionary define them. We tend to judge or tell our opinion quickly about other people or happenings around us. Assessing, on the other hand, is we determine a person or thing's value by collecting facts and put them in to perspective relative to majority.
Step-by-step guidance for developing mindfulness for your health, relationships, career, meditation and more!
Discover the world's most popular mindfulness meditation scripts that make a positive impact on people's well-being.
Sean Fargo is the Founder of Mindfulness Exercises, a former Buddhist monk of 2 years, a trainer for the mindfulness program born at Google, an Integral Coach from New Ventures West, and an international mindfulness teacher trainer. He can be reached at [email protected]
Visualizing Receiving Love And Care
“Lovingkindness In the Face of Adversity” [Video]
Loving Kindness Affirmation
Bringing Mindfulness to Marriage Changes
Opening Your Heart and Mind to Gratitude
Gottman’s Marriage Tips
The G.L.A.D. Technique
How Does it Feel to Lack a Sense of Boundaries?
Melting Into Love [Audio]