Working with a nightmare is a powerful way to reconnect with the “juice” of life. It can relieve anxiety and reawaken us to the beauty of each moment.
– why you chose this topic
– how your belly, chest, and head each feel when you reflect on this topic
– the emotions that you can associate with these visceral feelings
– the positive or negative impact of any stories you believe in regarding this topic
– the consoling/humbling/inspiring fact that many others are feeling similarly about this topic as you
– how you will feel with increased awareness around this topic
– when you can apply increased mindfulness to this topic in your day-to-day life
Further Reading: 10 Mindfulness Exercises for Sleep
Understanding the root cause of why we struggle to sleep is an individual process, but there are numerous contributors that affect so many of us. We can consider these as a first step towards healing our sleep cycle. From the food and drink we consume, to changing life circumstances, to the overall state of mind we find ourselves in on a daily basis. We can compassionately look towards various aspects of our lives to assess what is helping and what is potentially hurting our ability to rest deeply.
Step-by-step guidance for developing mindfulness for your health, relationships, career, meditation and more!
Discover the world's most popular mindfulness meditation scripts that make a positive impact on people's well-being.
Sean Fargo is the Founder of Mindfulness Exercises, a former Buddhist monk of 2 years, a trainer for the mindfulness program born at Google, an Integral Coach from New Ventures West, and an international mindfulness teacher trainer. He can be reached at [email protected]
Dropping The Suitcases Of Worries And Regrets
Stress Relief With Breathing
Re-relaxing The Drifting Mind With A Home Base
Dealing With Negative Thoughts
Finding The Breath
Breathe Away Anxious Thoughts
Alleviate Stress With Three Deep Breaths