To begin this Mindfulness Exercise on Self-Compassion, please bring kind awareness to
– why you chose this topic
– how your belly, chest, and head each feel when you reflect on this topic
– the emotions that you can associate with these visceral feelings
– the positive or negative impact of any stories you believe in regarding this topic
– the consoling/humbling/inspiring fact that many others are feeling similarly about this topic as you
– how you will feel with increased awareness around this topic
– when you can apply increased mindfulness to this topic in your day-to-day life
Here is your online worksheet:
Download All 320 Mindfulness Worksheets
- 320 writable pdf's to use repeatedly on your own computer
- Perfect for both beginner and advanced mindfulness levels
- 2 to 5 pages per pdf, each filled with science-based practices, inquiries and reflections
- Fillable text fields for you to digitally record, save, and share your typed answers and notes
- Used by mindfulness practitioners, coaches, therapists, professionals, parents and teachers in a variety of disciplines
- Sorted by: Meditation, Stress Reduction, Work & Career, Relationships, Self-Discovery, Purpose, and Family
Get ALL 320 Mindfulness Worksheets Here
Buy Them All Now For $19
Self-Compassion Mindfulness Exercise
Regardless of our background, lived experience, goals and ambitions, or lot in life, many of us in the modern world suffer from a significant lack of self-compassion. We tend to be incredibly hard on ourselves, and frequently revert to self-judgment in the face of difficult circumstances. We question ourselves constantly, and hold ourselves to impossible standards. These behaviors are often destructive, and can be detrimental to our pursuit of a more mindful, spiritually enriched life. This mindfulness exercise for self-compassion will help you learn to practice self-compassion throughout your daily life.
The importance of self-compassion
Many of us are health conscious, and we’ll spend countless hours each week attempting to improve our health. Whether it’s shopping for the right foods, cooking healthy meals, ensuring that we’re getting adequate exercise, or making an effort to get enough sleep, we engage in specific behaviors on a regular basis that are designed to promote our health and well-being.
Believe it or not, practicing self-compassion is one of the best ways to improve your health, mood, sense of confidence, and ability to bounce back from traumatic events. Neglecting self-compassion is a mistake that many of us make; but, without self-love, we won’t be able to realize our full potential as human beings.
This mindfulness exercise will teach you pause throughout your day, taking moments here and there to practice self-compassion. When you’re experiencing a particularly challenging, stressful, or just plain difficult scenario, you’ll be asked to stop and breath. We often work actively to treat others with compassion, but how often do we do it for ourselves? This mindfulness exercise on self-compassion will help you treat yourself the way that you do others who are in need. You’ll learn to love yourself and provide support for yourself when you need it, and hold yourself to a more reasonable, less stressful standard from day to day.