This mindfulness exercise is a guide for practicing the body scan, whereby you will be surfing your body to be aware when it is happy or when it is not.
– why you chose this topic
– how your belly, chest, and head each feel when you reflect on this topic
– the emotions that you can associate with these visceral feelings
– the positive or negative impact of any stories you believe in regarding this topic
– the consoling/humbling/inspiring fact that many others are feeling similarly about this topic as you
– how you will feel with increased awareness around this topic
– when you can apply increased mindfulness to this topic in your day-to-day life
Also Read: 8 Mindfulness Exercises for Beginners (+Infographic)
Mindfulness is a state of being that we’re ideally looking to cultivate in our everyday life. Whether that’s doing the dishes at home or sending an email at work.
However, to be able to effectively do this, a formal practice of some sort is often useful.
This can look different for each individual:
Meditation, mindful movement, mindful eating, and body scans are all valid forms.
Step-by-step guidance for developing mindfulness for your health, relationships, career, meditation and more!
Discover the world's most popular mindfulness meditation scripts that make a positive impact on people's well-being.
Sean Fargo is the Founder of Mindfulness Exercises, a former Buddhist monk of 2 years, a trainer for the mindfulness program born at Google, an Integral Coach from New Ventures West, and an international mindfulness teacher trainer. He can be reached at [email protected]
Settling Your Mind By Picturing Your Body As A Bowl
The Rhythm Of The Breath Flowing Through The Body
Total Body Relaxation For Sleep
Gratitude For Breath, Body And Mind
Body Scan, Advanced
Short Body Scan
Body Scan, Intermediate
Whole Body Breathing
Guided Metta Body Scan [Audio]