These free self compassion exercises are reminders on how self-care is very important especially during tough times and rebuilding one's resilience
We all suffer (or at least I do). Why not wish ourselves the same care that a loved one would offer us?
Many people object to self-compassion because it feels sappy, because others seem more important, because we feel unworthy, or because we don’t want to feed our ego.
But the more we practice mindfulness (nonjudgmental awareness), the more we prioritize self-compassion as a way to simply take care of ourselves, to value ourselves as much as anyone else, and to replenish ourselves for the service of others.
I highly recommend the website Self-Compassion.org as an ultimate how-to resource for meditations, articles and programs related to this subject.
Below are free self-compassion exercises to help you feel a sense of care in your head, heart and body.
Wishing you love in the face of suffering,
Founder, Mindfulness Exercises
As a friendly reminder, you can see each week’s free mindfulness exercises here.
Want to build your daily mindfulness habit? Join our 28-Day Mindfulness Challenge.
Free Self-Compassion Exercises:
- SELF-COMPASSION (audio from Tara Brach)
- SELF-COMPASSION PAUSE (worksheet)
- SELF-COMPASSION VS. SELF-ESTEEM (video from Kristin Neff)
- WRITING FOR SELF-COMPASSION (worksheet)
- FIERCE COMPASSION & SELF-CARE (talk at Google)
- ABOUT SELF-COMPASSION (entertaining animation video)
- OVERCOMING OBJECTIONS TO SELF-COMPASSION (video from Kristin Neff)
- A TALK ON SELF-COMPASSION (audio from Rick Hanson)
- HOW MINDFULNESS CULTIVATES COMPASSION (video of researcher Shauna Shapiro)
330 Mindfulness Worksheets
Step-by-step guidance for developing mindfulness for your health, relationships, career, meditation and more!
200+ GUIDED Meditation Scripts
Discover the world's most popular mindfulness meditation scripts that make a positive impact on people's well-being.