Enter your name and email address to download this worksheet.
How to Build True Power with Mindfulness
Mindfulness empowers us to develop our inner strength and true sense of power. How? Because the more aware we become of our perceptions and habits, the more readily we are able to instill mindful habits and beliefs that uplift us. Mindfulness enhances self-knowledge – and that is empowering.
If you’re curious about how to feel empowered, mindfulness is one tool that will help to unveil the journey. Since empowerment is indeed a feeling, it involves shifting the perceptions we have about ourselves and the world around us.
How to Feel Empowered
Developing a sense of personal empowerment does not happen overnight. Slowly but surely, through self-awareness and inner growth, we might find ourselves becoming more empowered in daily life. One key notion to keep in mind if you want to feel more empowered is to remember that empowerment, like all things, is not something we can attain forever and be done with it. We can only feel empowered in the present moment – so focus only on the here and now and let the journey build strength from there.
One way to begin this journey is to cultivate a toolbox of mindful habits. These habits involve being aware of our thoughts, feelings, and actions and supporting ourselves in finding the inner strength that is present beneath the layers of conditioning.
5 Mindful Habits for Inner Strength
Cultivating inner strength and a sense of personal empowerment is a journey that looks different for everyone. However, there are some general mindful habits we can work on embodying in order to support our empowerment goals:
- 1Gratitude practice – What traits, skills, or qualities are you grateful to embody?
- 2Mindfulness of your beliefs – What beliefs stand in the way of you feeling truly empowered? What are you willing to let go of, even if only in this moment?
- 3Positive affirmations – What positive statements can you repeat to yourself before sleep or during meditation to cultivate the beliefs that will empower you?
- 4Solar plexus meditation – The solar plexus is the chakra located in the navel, connected with willpower, confidence, courage, and self-empowerment. This meditation can help us to strengthen or balance this chakra.
- 5Building True Power worksheet – This worksheet is designed to increase self-awareness and help us to come up with new ways of connecting with our innate power.