14.2 – Guided Meditation – Open Practice

Hello and welcome to our final day of meditation. Today we're going to practice mostly an open meditation period.

So, I'll be offering a little bit of guidance, but for the most part you'll be on your own.

So, when you're ready to get started, go ahead and close your eyes. If you wish to take a few deep breaths you can do so. Maybe giving yourself permission to just explore this meditation.

Letting go of any expectations of what should happen in this session.

And so notice where your mind is.
What are you paying attention to?

You can bring your awareness to the feeling of the breath, tapping into the raw physical sensations.

Or perhaps practicing the body scan and just moving through the body, being aware of different parts of the body piece by piece.

Just keep bringing your attention back and asking, “What am I paying attention to?”
“Where is my mind?”
“And how am I relating to what's arising?”

No matter where you are, just seeing if you can practice and non-judgmental awareness.

Just observing.
Being patient and kind towards whatever arises.

The moment you realize that you've been lost in thought, seeing if you can acknowledge it without judging yourself.

And then coming back to the present moment patiently with gentleness just returning to whatever object of meditation you have chosen to work with; the breath or the body, sounds or thoughts and feelings.

Noticing how are you relating to your experience?
Is there anything that you are judging?

Just practicing this calm equanimity. Alright now it's like this.

Whenever you are unsure of what to do you can always bring your attention back to the feeling of the breath.

Just tapping into your direct experience of the present moment.
Is there anything distracting you in this moment?

And allowing your attention to go observe what is distracting you.
Non-judgmentally observing the present moment.

And then for the last few moments of this meditation is let go of any meditation practice, let go of mindfulness and just allow your mind to wander.

Allow your mind to do whatever it wants.
And then we'll take a deep breath in to end.

Breathing in deeply, and breathing out slow.
In your own time allowing your eyes to open.

Coming back into the room.
Great work on this last meditation and there's one more video left for you.

So, whenever you're ready, I’ll see you in the next video.

Resources

Finding Me (Ebook)

• Thank you, for this short course. I’ve been meditating for some time and am about to start teaching mindfulness. This was extremely helpful, both for my practice and for teaching. The pacing and calm voice and steady pacing are exemplary.
    I am grateful for your time, work, and generosity on this.

• I really enjoyed this course, I have learnt so much more about mindfulness and how I can use it to teach others and myself. Wonderful knowledge.

• I was always a sceptic regarding mindfulness but I have discovered that, for me, it really does calm my mind and give’s me a much healthier perspective on my life. The bonus meditations and handouts were excellent too. I see the benefits it can bring me in this frantic existence of ours. I have just finished studying this course whilst under lockdown in the UK due to the Coronavirus pandemic (for me, 9 weeks so far). What a lovely way to spend some of the time! Many thanks for providing this course for free: that is very generous and very kind of you xx

• Thank you for the generosity and gentleness of this course. It has helped me develop a more regular practice, and I will be sharing it widely.

• {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}
    >