In a world of constant movement and excessive stress, beginning mindfulness based stress reduction techniques is a godsend. It can eliminate negativity, increase your physical and emotional health, and bring a sense of peace and calm back into your life.
These simple mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques are designed to ease you into the art of mindful thinking.
Listen to Binaural Beats
Binaural beats are audio tracks designed to relax the mind, stimulate healthy parts of the body, and increase inner calm. They are created by playing two pure tones of slightly different frequencies in opposite ears. This creates a subtle, audible “hum” that creates a sense of mindfulness and relaxation.
Before getting into more difficult yoga processes, master at least one form of yoga breathing. It will help clear your mind and prepare you for meditation techniques.
Try this basic yoga breathing exercise to get started:
- Sit cross-legged on the floor with your eyes closed and your hands resting on your knees.
- Breathe in through your nose until your belly is full.
- Slowly exhale through your nose, drawing your novel back towards your spine to fully empty your lungs.
- Concentrate solely on the breaths, letting your thoughts fade away like the sunset at the end of a movie.
Few exercises will clear your mind and stimulate mindfulness quite like tai chi. The simple, relaxed, and graceful movements of this art are the perfect way to start or end the day on a mindful, relaxed note.
Try this basic tai chi exercise to begin:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Relax your body, clear your mind, and close your eyes.
- Carefully lift your hands above your head in a slow, wide arch. Slightly bend your knees as your lift your hands.
- Pull your hands back down in front of your body as you straighten your knees. Cross them in front when finished.
Breathe slowly and evenly as you move, concentrating on your breath and letting your movements control themselves.
If you’re interested in these mindfulness techniques, contact us today. We can help guide you through the beautiful process of self discovery.
Find more exercises related to mindfulness based stress reduction here.